Volume 97 Number 20 Jul 4 - 10, 2011

The headframe at Premier Gold Mines' Hardrock gold project near Geraldton in northwestern Ontario. Photo by Premier Gold Mines

Premier Gold takes out Hardrock JV partner

Ewan Downie’s Premier Gold Mines (PG-T) is taking full control of the Hardrock gold project near Geraldton in northwestern Ontario, in which it owns a 70% interest. The company will acquire the remaining 30% by taking over joint-venture-partner…

Workers building the portal at Trevali Mining's Halfmile Mine project in northern New Brunswick. Photo by Trevali Mining

Trevali on the path to production

In the last few months Trevali Mining (TV-T) has expanded its resource base, changed its name, closed a $10-million financing, and listed on the Lima Stock Exchange. Now, it’s working to get two mines into production over the next 12 months.

First resource for Levon’s Cordero

After completing close to 70,000 metres of drilling over 160 core holes, Levon Resources (LVN-V) has released an initial bulk tonnage resource on its Cordero silver-gold-zinc-lead project in northern Mexico.

A machine operator working on a ramp at Avion Gold's Tabakoto gold project in Mali. Photo by Avion Gold

Avion continues success in Mali

Drilling to test northwest- and northeast-trending structures at Avion Gold’s (AVR-T, AVGCF-O) Tabakoto deposit in Mali has returned significant intercepts, including 20.88 grams gold over 5.7 metres, 36.04 grams gold over 3 metres and 29.04…

Editorial: TMX, LSE kill proposed merger

One day before a key vote by TMX Group shareholders on a controversial takeover proposal by the London Stock Exchange, both companies abruptly ended the $3.6-billion deal, saying that there weren’t enough votes to clear the two-thirds required.

Commentary: Navigating the new UK Bribery Act

The UK Bribery Act 2010 has received significant press coverage in the United Kingdom and abroad. It will be important for Canadian mining companies with a U.K. nexus to understand its implications, in particular given that Canadian junior…

By continuing to browse you agree to our use of cookies. To learn more, click more information

Dear user, please be aware that we use cookies to help users navigate our website content and to help us understand how we can improve the user experience. If you have ideas for how we can improve our services, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to email us. By continuing to browse you agree to our use of cookies. Please see our Privacy & Cookie Usage Policy to learn more.